When cooking your own meals, it’s important to have the proper tools at your disposal in the kitchen, so that meal preps go according to plan! Not all kitchen gadgets, though, are good investments. Some of them are more likely to end up collecting dust on a shelf in your house. Don’t worry, though; because your kitchen deserves the best kitchen gadgets and we’ve got some lined up for you. If you want a kitchen that’s filled with good value items, this read is for you!
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are most certainly a need for every kitchen out there. Why go for the ordinary slow cookers when you can use a pressure cooker to prepare a meal in half the time? Even on busy days, a home-cooked meal is still an option because of a pressure cooker.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It’s definitely a healthier way to cook, and it allows you to prep foods much faster than usual.
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. If big and bulky is not an option, then go for smaller blenders like a Ninja or Nutribullet. An immersion blender might even be what you’re looking for. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons make good waffles, but they can also make other stuff, as well. You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. You can always stick to a few pots and pans, but if you plan to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., a wok is an absolute way to go. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. Though it takes time to practice using a wok, after you’ve learned how to use it effectively, it will easily become essential to you.
- Do you like avocados? If so, your kitchen will need an avocado slicer! Avocados can get quite slippery. Hence, when opening and slicing them with knives, be very careful. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- Do you make use of canned food whenever you cook? Then your kitchen will benefit from a simple but essential canopener. Get yourself one that is good quality and affordable. Getting the cheaper ones will only come back to bite you later down the road. The cheaper ones can not be trusted to not break or fail when you need to use them the most.
- Finally, give your kitchen the gift it didn’t know it needed — a swivel peeler. If you are constantly cooking potatoes, squash, carrots, and other vegetables, this is something you need. It’s a quality peeler that will fit well in your hand while slicing through a vegetable’s thick outer skin as if it’s nothing. A swivel peeler will automatically adjust to the angle of your wrist, giving you a very efficient and effective way of peeling.
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our North Charleston property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.